Delhi - Convention against planned killing of Kishanji by the government, Dec 13
December 11, 2011
Convention Against Planned Killing of Kishanji by Manmohan-Mamata Governments
Venue: Gandhi Peace Foundation (near ITO, Delhi)
Date & Time: 13th Dec. 2011–2 PM to 8 PM
Speakers : Varavara Rao, Dhiraj Sengupta (APDR), Gautam Navlakha ,Rajender Sachar and others
Now it is very much clear from various sources that the Maoist leader Kishanji was first captured and severely tortured by security forces and then killed in a planned fake encounter under the connivance of both West Bengal and central governments. Mamata Banerjee government of WB has used almost the same weapon of ‘Peace Talk’ to eliminate the Maoist leader as by the R. S. Reddy government in AP.
It is a known fact that the central and various state governments are jointly conducting a special military operation to suppress Maoist activities. The unjustified and irrational killing of Kishanji is nothing but a part of state terror being unfettered under ‘Operation Green Hunt’, centrally controlled by the UPA government. It is a clear cut violation of not only the guidelines given by Supreme Court and National Human Rights Commission but also by different international institutions.
It is to note that the state is not only killing the Maoists and their supporters but also viciously suppressing all voices of dissent, especially of democratic and revolutionary forces. We strongly feel that Naxalism / Maoism cannot be suppressed by killing its propagators / leaders and organizing massacres of its supporters.
So, we demand that:
1. The central government should set up a high level Judicial Enquiry Committee on the killing of Kishanji.
2. The central and state governments should immediately stop ‘Operation Green Hunt’ and physical elimination of Naxal /Maoist leaders and cadres.
3. The government should register a case of culpable homicide under section 302 of IPC, so that the killers of Kishanji are forced to face the court trial, as directed by Supreme Court and National Human Rights Commission.
We, the undersigned have decided to organize a Convention at Gandhi Peace Foundation (near ITO, Delhi) on 13th Dec. 2011 at 2 PM to 8 PM to show our united anger against the Fake Encounter Killing and ongoing state repression. We appeal to you and all the pro-people forces to cover & join this Protest Convention to make it successful.
1. Arjun Pd Singh, PDFI
2. P.K. Shahi, CPI(ML)
3. Narender, Peoples Front
4. Thomas Mathew, Bahujan Vam Manch
5. Shieo Mangal Sidhantkar, CPI(ML) New Proletariat
6. Ashish Gupta, PUDR
7. Anil Chamaria, Journalist
8. Amit, Krantikari Nawjawan Sabha
9. Rajkishor, Revolutionary Democratic Front
10. Mrigank, Navajwan Bharat Sabha
11. Harish, Inquilabi Majdur Kendra
12. Alok Kumar. Krantikari Yuva Sangathan
13. Deepak Singh, NDPI
14. Mritunjay, CCON
15. Banojyotsna, Democratic Students Union.
16. Kusumlata, Student For Resistance.
17. Bijunayek, Lok Raj Sangathan.
18. Ambrish Rai, Social Activist
19. Animesh Das (IFTU)
20. Chit Ranjan Singh (PUCL)
21 Manishwar (CPDM)