The full Communist University agenda is now online. Highlights include:
- The opening meeting on ‘The Arab revolution - back on the agenda’, with regular Weekly Worker contributor Moshé Machover and Mohammad Reza Shalgouni, a leading member of the Organisation of Revolutionary Workers of Iran (Rahe Kargar).
- A ‘structured conversation’, chaired by yours truly and dubbed, ‘They fuck you up, the left ...’ This is a session on the undemocratic and confessional nature of the contemporary left, also involving Pat Byrne (Towards a New International Tendency), Andy Wilson (ex-SWP and Association of Musical Marxists) and Simon Pirani (active in the Trotskyist movement in the 1970s and 80s).
- Hillel Ticktin on both contemporary features of the capitalist crisis and what it portends for the future of the system as a whole.
- James Turley on sci-fi and fantasy in a session titled ‘Future worlds’.
- Chris Knight of the Radical Anthropology Group and our own Jack Conrad give us their ‘Visions of communism’.
- On the opening Sunday, the CPGB’s Mike Macnair presents our new Draft programme (copies will be available to buy in booklet form) in the session ‘What programmes are and why they are so important’.
All are welcome to attend Communist University - even critically minded comrades, with strong opinions at odds with the majority of today’s CPGB! Which, unfortunately, makes the event, like our paper, really quite unique on the email@example.com